About Me

My photo
Life should be lived as play according to the phiolsopher Plato and me? I happen to agree. I am a very social person, I almost don't know how to communicate without flirting with people. I enjoy kicking back and spending a night in, but I'm also known for heading out for a night on the town, or just a midnight jaunt to the jungle gym. I believe that life is too short to be angry all the time, but you might often hear me complaining about some life stress. I think I just like to get things off my chest so I can move forward. Sometimes I write really dreary things because its easier and safer to be sad at the helm of my laptop, truly I am a happy person. I aim to be the life of the party, if I can get the crowd laughing and having a good time, then my work is done. It is my hope that my writing means something. I write because it makes me feel better, but at the end of the day if sharing one of my experiences can help someone else not feel so alone or help them learn from my mistakes, then I've created something worth while.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Seriously, go eat a burger...

I am currently writing live from my adult development class. After reviewing some of my blogs it has come to my attention that for the most part my blogs are ULTRA depressive. I’m aware that most of my inspiration to write is derived from negative thoughts or feelings, so its not wonder that reading my blog and knowing nothing about me other then what I’ve written, it would be safe to assume that I am clinically depressed and in need of some prozac… however, for my friends who know me I would hope they would think I’m rather lively and cheerful MOST of the time. So I figured a random blog about cheery things was in order…

So today I was really hoping to get my hair colored. I am breaking with tradition this fall. Generally speaking girls tend to dye their hair much darker in the colder months, which I have religiously followed this tradition for several years but this year I wanted to do something different. I am planning almost a complete overhaul and lightening my hair color to a shade similar to Lauren Conrad’s. Much to my dismay, however, I wont likely be able to start this process until next week.

Let’s see… I am trying really hard to find cheerful things to write about right now. I’m actually in a decent mood, but finding that silver lining is becoming increasingly difficult as the semester winds down. I’ve all but accepted the fact that I’m likely going to fail my abnormal psychology class. This is due in part to lack of attendance and enthusiasm to study… woops. I’ll have to just take it again next semester. I guess the silver lining on that is, hey, at least my dad doesn’t check to see what classes he’s paying for so I can easily avoid any lectures from him on that matter. Also I wont have to purchase the book for the class next go around, because hey, I still have it.

Um, good news… All my financial troubles and worries can lighten up. Well, at least there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, I don’t think I’ll be able to breath until all my debt is consolidated in the form a subsidized student loan. I have great friends that are willing to help me figure this kind of stuff out, because I really have no idea what I’m doing. I hate that I am almost 24 and I still feel like I know nothing about the world.
Let’s see, I guess the last good thing I can really think of right now is that although I haven’t worked out in about two weeks, and I’m not really happy with how my body looks, I am grateful for the fact that my body still looks decent in spite of what I’ve eaten as of late. I keep making excuses about working out. I’ve been pretty sick lately and its really hard to find the motivation to get to the gym when I have to carry around a box of tissues… I don’t think the people at the gym really want me there in my current germ-spreading condition. But! I’m guessing I will be well enough on Monday that I can’t make any more excuses. Its time to stop being a fatty… but In and Out is just so freaking good. Those burgers and fries make me so happy, I mean they don’t help me fit into my swim suit but for that moment in time, they make me happy. I think maybe that’s why I’m in a good mood, I am still flying off that burger high from last night.

My friend advised me that writing should always have a lesson or a moral, that way people don’t feel like they have just wasted 10 minutes of their life reading you dribble on about nothing important. So here is my moral, there are still good things in this world even though finals week is rapidly approaching, burgers from In and Out are on that list… seriously, go eat a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment