About Me

My photo
Life should be lived as play according to the phiolsopher Plato and me? I happen to agree. I am a very social person, I almost don't know how to communicate without flirting with people. I enjoy kicking back and spending a night in, but I'm also known for heading out for a night on the town, or just a midnight jaunt to the jungle gym. I believe that life is too short to be angry all the time, but you might often hear me complaining about some life stress. I think I just like to get things off my chest so I can move forward. Sometimes I write really dreary things because its easier and safer to be sad at the helm of my laptop, truly I am a happy person. I aim to be the life of the party, if I can get the crowd laughing and having a good time, then my work is done. It is my hope that my writing means something. I write because it makes me feel better, but at the end of the day if sharing one of my experiences can help someone else not feel so alone or help them learn from my mistakes, then I've created something worth while.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Love is a Battle Field: Part 1


My mind is screaming and spitting out the bitterness as my heart weeps, let’s see how everything unfolds…

“You should have known this was going to happen. You’re always throwing yourself at whoever flashes you a smile or tells you that you’re pretty, but do you take the time to figure out if he even wants you?”

“Shut up! I thought this one was different… I felt like he would never do this to me…” Heart shutters.

“That’s just you’re problem heart, you don’t think! You just feel all these feelings and you think that’s what makes the world go round. You need to get your facts straight.”

“I don’t know where I went wrong… I just… I don’t know what happened… I thought you had this all under control. Why did you let me do this again?”

“Oh you want to pin this on me do you? Its always my fault huh? I tried to warn you. I gave you every reason in the world not to trust this one, and what did you do?”

“I trusted him…”

“Exactly! Because that’s you’re problem heart, you don’t think, you just feel. You either feel great or you feel miserable, and you know what? This misery crap is pissing me off! The second you start aching and crying guess what happens to me? Just guess.”

“Stop it, haven’t I gone through enough?”

“No, because no matter how many times you put yourself through this hell you never seem to learn anything! What’s worse is you’re not the only one hurting!”

Then the eyes chime in…
“Yeah you big idiot! Look what your carelessness has done to us! We’re red, sore, and swollen, all we want to do is rest but nooooo, you have to go on hurting and so must we!”

Mind isn’t about to let the eyes get away so easily..
“Not so fast there fellas, you’re the one that spotted the creep. You two are to blame for poor heart even melting for that ridiculous smile in the first place!” The eyes cower away, they can never win and argument with my mind.

“What about us?” Piped in the legs. “Every time heart gets all mopey and love sick for some shmuck, we can’t even function. Our knees get all week and each foot takes on ten extra pounds. How are we supposed to lug the rest of you around when we feel this way? And its all heart’s fault!”

Seems like stomach can empathize with heart, it knows the pains all too well…
“I understand you’ve been hurt again poor dear, but listen to me, every time you put yourself out there with someone less than worthy, I don’t get fed. I’m really hungry you see, but ever since you became so sad I haven’t been fed properly. Every time you get excited and hopeful about a new boy, I do too. I feel those butterflies for you. Oh how I wish you would just cheer up so I could be full once again, I’m so hungry…”

Mind has had enough of this nonsense.
“See what you’re doing heart? See how you’re affecting everyone else here? Even I can’t stand for you to be in this much pain. When those wimpy eyes start crying…”

“Hey!”

“Shut up you two. When they start crying I get this awful ache all around me, then neck starts to bitch at me and you know how neck is.. Yeah, pain in the neck. So listen, I know you’re feeling bad now. You’re probably feeling foolish, embarrassed, and betrayed, but try and remember, it always gets better. Maybe not right now, five minutes from now, or even five weeks from now, but at some point in time you know you’ll feel better.” Eyes were rolling back, mind was just a jackass as far as they were concerned.

“Yeah… I guess you’re right.. I mean you must be, you’re the brain of this whole operation,” heart chocked out a laugh.

“Exactly.” Mind could only sigh, heart was calm for now… but when would the cycle end? Sure, in the future another careless punk would happen upon her, flash her a grin, she would throw herself at him, then when she least suspected it, he would crush her… just like they always do. Then everyone else, eyes, legs, stomach and mind would be right back here at square one… so how much longer would everyone else have to endure heart's suffering… when will the dreaming end?

Tisk tisk, poor heart. She’s got some real growing up to do. Tune in next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment