About Me

My photo
Life should be lived as play according to the phiolsopher Plato and me? I happen to agree. I am a very social person, I almost don't know how to communicate without flirting with people. I enjoy kicking back and spending a night in, but I'm also known for heading out for a night on the town, or just a midnight jaunt to the jungle gym. I believe that life is too short to be angry all the time, but you might often hear me complaining about some life stress. I think I just like to get things off my chest so I can move forward. Sometimes I write really dreary things because its easier and safer to be sad at the helm of my laptop, truly I am a happy person. I aim to be the life of the party, if I can get the crowd laughing and having a good time, then my work is done. It is my hope that my writing means something. I write because it makes me feel better, but at the end of the day if sharing one of my experiences can help someone else not feel so alone or help them learn from my mistakes, then I've created something worth while.

Monday, October 4, 2010

From the beginning..

My name is Noelle and I am 23 years old as of this current post. I write this first blog with a pang of sadness because it feels very much like writing in a diary. Through out my life I have always tried to keep a diary, emphasis on tried. I was much better at jotting down my day to day trifles and troubles, woes and wonders, between the ages of about 8 and 16. Perhaps gaining access to a car curbed my need to write, but not the desire. Diaries for as long as I can remember, resembled the essence of a quiet, understanding friend, that would never pass judgment on me nor give me false advice. Many times I would find myself apologizing for neglecting my dear sweet friend to which I would spend pages trying to catch her up on my life. Which brings me back to my original point and the sadness I feel with starting this blog… at 23 I have lived a lot and seen a lot, to which catching up my new friend on my life would just be far too time consuming, which as a senior in college, time is the enemy. So for now, bringing the bloggers up to speed will just have to happen in due time and as I see fit… also side note, I think a blog is like a guy friend. Diary just sounds like a girl and blog… he sounds like a boy… that is all.

To understand me as I am, there are a few key faucets and need-to-knows. I am opinionated. There are few things in this world that I am indifferent on. Sometimes my opinions cause me to judge other people, although in the long run I do my best to open my heart to all walks of life. I understand that I do have a bias against stupid people and lazy people. I care about people and have made it my life’s goal to help any who are willing in any way that I can (this might be where the bias comes from). I am a passionate person. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am logical and rational about 80% of the time give or take, the rest of the time is a real doozy. I am a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am honest. I don’t have many secrets. I am prideful and have a hard time showing what I deem as weakness in front of people. I am a communicator. I will text, talk, call, instant message, email, whatever the medium, I enjoy talking and listening. I think deeper then that I enjoy connecting with people. People intrigue me and fascinate me. I want to know each persons story. I like to think of myself as laid back, because I am low maintenance and I enjoy kicking back, but I know better. I am too passionate and high strung to ever really be as mellow as I wish I was. I am an old soul, which always made me seem more mature than I really am. I am fun oriented and ambitious, sometimes I take on more than I can handle and often I put off projects so I can spend time with friends.  I would do anything for my friends, even if it meant putting their needs before mine and causing myself harm, I would gladly do it. I am analytical and I have tenancies to over think nearly every situation. I love love. I love the idea of being in love, I love the idea of people loving one another and getting along. I love idealism and curse it in the same instant. I am a self proclaimed writer, even though my only works that have been published are articles I used to write for the paper while I was still in high school. I have many philosophies about life at this ripe young age of 23. I’m sure through out my writing these philosophies will make themselves very evident. I believe as I continue to grow and learn, these ideals about life may change… but then again, maybe they will stay the same. For this first entry I will leave you with this little gem I picked up from a billboard while on my way to work.

“Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.”

No comments:

Post a Comment