About Me

My photo
Life should be lived as play according to the phiolsopher Plato and me? I happen to agree. I am a very social person, I almost don't know how to communicate without flirting with people. I enjoy kicking back and spending a night in, but I'm also known for heading out for a night on the town, or just a midnight jaunt to the jungle gym. I believe that life is too short to be angry all the time, but you might often hear me complaining about some life stress. I think I just like to get things off my chest so I can move forward. Sometimes I write really dreary things because its easier and safer to be sad at the helm of my laptop, truly I am a happy person. I aim to be the life of the party, if I can get the crowd laughing and having a good time, then my work is done. It is my hope that my writing means something. I write because it makes me feel better, but at the end of the day if sharing one of my experiences can help someone else not feel so alone or help them learn from my mistakes, then I've created something worth while.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Chance at Happiness

A glint and a shimmer
As a freshly fallen snow
An opportunity gleams
A low and humble glow

A chance at happiness
Has just walked in the door
Played tag with my eyes
Then left me wanting more

Fun and games lost their luster
Gravity has set in
This ones the real deal
Time to play for the win

Play it cool like a cat
Stay aloof and at ease
Can’t let him see me sweat
Or my mind under seize

A-game at all times
Be gentle and coy
It wont be as easy
To win over this boy

Like a sweater unraveling
A tug on a string
I’ve lost all control
And smothered this thing

He wants to flee
I would do the same
If I couldn’t breath
With someone dousing my flame

Needy and clingy
Words I detest to no end
Describe me so perfect
And have become my best friends

My excitement uncontained
Here I broke my new toy
I’ve suffocated happiness
Then chased away joy

To dream for someone special
Then scare them away from me
Me efforts all for naught
For I’m my own worst enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment